Yard Robotics is building a white glove, all-inclusive lawn service for households.
We mow, fertilize, and control weeds for our customers. We do it using our custom built robots. You will be joining our founding engineering team.
- Ambitious, curious, able and excited to work in an early stage company
- Not afraid to learn, and step outside your comfort zone
- 2+ years of programming experience in Python and/or Node
- Understand networking — sockets, TCP/UDP servers and clients
- Have experience with cloud services from AWS or GCP
Things you will be doing and learning
- Developing the planning, perception, localization & mapping, and controls as well as the backend for the bot operations using the ROS framework
- Run simulations on hypothetical yards, to review and improve the route planner's performance
- Improve our lidar and camera based mapping and localization stack
- Use tools like Foxglove Studio to diagnose and develop bot software
- Collaborate with and help design the new versions of the bots
- Review and improve our GNSS performance
- Understand and improve the interface to electronic speed controls (ESC) that power our motors
- Travel to customers’ yards and monitor bots in action
Nice to have, but not required
- Understanding of robotics architecture
- Experience with the ROS framework
- Understand Docker, and CI/CD systems
- C/C++ experience
Email us at or firstname.lastname@example.org fill out the form on this page.